Blackened Chicken Avocado Berry Salad
This Blackened Chicken Avocado Berry Salad with homemade raspberry dressing is the ultimate salad! It’s Paleo, Whole30, AIP, and a super healthy and flavorful salad.
Blackened Chicken Avocado Berry SaladCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Blackened Chicken Avocado Berry Salad .
Let’s be honest salad can feel a little boring sometimes. I used to roll my eyes at the thought of actually making my own salad at home. I felt like I’d just disappoint myself. If you’re not adding croutons and sugar-laden dressings, you have to really use your head to build a killer salad. Luckily. I’ve done with work for you with this blackened chicken avocado berry salad!
This salad is an amazing spring and summertime dish that features low sugar berries, vitamin-rich veggies, lean protein, and healthy fats. It’s the kind of salad that you actually want to eat, and will leave you feeling full and amazing. And let’s be honest… that can be a lot to say for a salad sometimes!
For the chicken
1 lb chicken breast (or about 2 thin breasts)
2 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin (omit for AIP)
optional – 1 tsp paprika (omit for AIP)
1/2 tsp pepper (omit for AIP)
For the salad
4–5 cups mixed greens
1–2 cucumbers, sliced
1 medium avocado, sliced
1–1.5 cups berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
For the dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp honey (omit for whole30)
- For the chicken
- Set the oven to 400 F. Combine the seasonings in a bowl and coat the chicken on both sides. Set aside.
- Using a cast iron pan, heat the avocado oil until it’s very hot. Add the chicken to the pan and sear for about 5 minutes on each side, until a blackened crust is formed. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest before slicing to serve over the salads.
- For the salad and dressing
- Using a high-speed blender, combine all of the salad dressing ingredients until smooth. Set aside and save any unused dressing in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
- Prepare the salads with 2 bowls (more if you’d prefer to scale down, or less if you’d rather a larger salad) and layer on the greens, then the chicken, sliced cucumber, avocado, and berries. Finish with the dressing and serve.
- Source: unboundwellness.com