Buffalo Dill Chicken Salad
A spicy and creamy buffalo dill chicken salad that is Whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant. This salad is great on top of greens, stuffed in an avocado and just straight from a bowl.
Chicken salad is one of those dishes that you will always find in my fridge. I love whipping some up on Sunday afternoon and having it available in the fridge to grab throughout the week for an easy and delicious meal option. I have always been one that will eat chicken salad for breakfast because I love it that much!
Buffalo Dill Chicken SaladCourse: Appetizers, MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Buffalo Dill Chicken Salad . I love mixing it up and trying out new chicken salad recipes that will keep my meal options fresh and not boring. I try to experiment with a lot of different ways to spice up a boring traditional salad recipe and my new Buffalo Dill Chicken Salad takes it to a whole different level. This recipe is so creamy and savory and almost mimics a chicken wing and not to mention, it is Whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant
3 1/2 cups cooked chicken ,chopped
3 tbsp compliant pickles ,chopped
1/3 cup sweet onions ,finely diced
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp dill weed ,for garnish
Buffalo Dill Mayo (Makes 1 Cup)
1 cup mayo
1 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
2 1/4 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- Cook your chicken as desired. Boil, grill, bake or use a compliant rotisserie chicken. Rough chop the chicken, pickles and onions. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Place the mixing bowl to the side and make the homemade Buffalo Dill Mayo.
- Add in the Whole30 compliant mayo into a mason jar. Here is my recipe for homemade mayo (1 cup of light olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tsp lemon juice) Add all your ingredients to a mason jar and use your immersion blender to mix together until thick and creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender add everything to a blender except the olive oil and turn on to slow/medium speed and slowly add the olive oil until thick and creamy.
- In a separate bowl add in all of your seasonings and mix together. Transfer 2 tbsp of Franks Hot Sauce along with the seasoning mixture (dill, salt and pepper) to the mayo. Mix with a spoon.
- Mix ¾ cups of the homemade buffalo dill mayo into the chicken, pickles and onion mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp dill and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the top with Franks Hot Sauce and serve.
- Source: healthylittlepeach.com