Paleo Cobb Shrimp Salad
Perfectly seasoned grilled shrimp with crispy bacon, tomatoes, avocado and soft boiled eggs makes the best healthy, BBQ ready Cobb salad for summer! It’s tossed in an easy lemon garlic vinaigrette with your favorite salad greens for a flavor-packed low carb, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant meal.
Paleo Cobb Shrimp SaladCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Paleo Cobb Shrimp Salad
There’s something about a good cobb salad that always has me coming back. The bacon, the avocado, the eggs – no wonder it’s my go-to when it comes to salad – those are a few of my very favorite things!
Typically it’s chicken that stars as the preferred protein in my cobb salads but I wanted something different this time to kick off summer and grilling season.
My Latest Videos
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
3 cloves garlic minced
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil (use one you like the flavor of since it will come through!
1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
Primal palate sea food seasoning OR salt and pepper to season shrimp
1 tbsp organic coconut oil or rendered bacon fat to brush on grill or grill pan
6-8 slices nitrate free bacon cooked and crumbled (use sugar free for Whole30)
3 large eggs soft boiled (see instructions)
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes halved
1 ripe avocado
5 oz container baby spinach or your favorite salad greens
Thinly sliced chives or scallions for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a tall narrow container and blend with an immersion blender.
- Alternatively, you can use a regular blender (or hand whisk) to combine all ingredients EXCEPT the oil, and then slowly stream in the oil while continuing to blend. The consistency should be somewhat thick and the color creamy.
- Have all ingredients ready to go (including cooked and crumbled bacon, before beginning)
- soft boil your eggs:
- Bring a pot of water to boiling and prepare a bowl of ice water for after eggs cook. Carefully lower each egg into water.
- Boil eggs 6 minutes, adjusting heat to keep water at a medium boil.
- Remove eggs one at a time with a spoon and place in ice water for 2-3 minutes or until warm.
- Carefully peel eggs (I do this in the water, it seems to make it easier!) and set aside until ready to serve.
- grill shrimp:
- Heat your grill or grill pan to high heat and brush with coconut oil. Sprinkle shrimp all over with primal palate seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Cook first side 2 minutes flip and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes or until pink and opaque with golden brown.
- assemble salad:
- Place greens on the bottom of a serving bowl or platter, then arrange the tomatoes, bacon, shrimp, and avocado (diced or sliced) over the top. Carefully slice each egg and arrange around salad. Toss with dressing immediately before serving or serve dressing on the side. Enjoy!
- Source: paleorunningmomma.com